The Apropos, the ‘high/low’ handlebar carrying system, is spaciously constructed and designed to provide optimum bicycle parking space. The system comprises three different types - making it suitable for every location. The steel attachment loop offers excellent protection against theft.
The Apropos is now also available with a centre-to-centre distance of 40cm. This will enable cyclists to park their bikes more easily and discourage people from parking their bikes in a way that inconveniences others.
- has a sturdy attachment for secure locking
- is suitable for almost every bicycle
- provides optimum parking space
- litter does not get caught in it
- unlimited connections are possible
Exclusive design by VelopA
- swimming pools
- sports parks
- stations, bus stops
- commercial premises, institutions
The basic module consists of an interconnecting bar with two uprights at each end. By using interconnecting bars, an unlimited number of modules can be connected together.
- one-sided with attachment loop, 6 bicycle places per module
- one-sided with integrated attachment eye, 6 bicycle places per module*
- two-sided with attachment loop, 12 bicycle places per module
- two-sided with integrated attachment eye, 12 bicycle places per module*
- two-sided compact with integrated attachment eye, 12 bicycle places per module.
*These models are now also available with a centre-to-centre distance of 40cm.
The interconnecting bar is mounted on one-sided uprights.
MODELS THAT CAN BE BUILT INTO THE LIGNA SHELTER:
This module consists of an interconnecting bar which is affixed to the shelter.
- one-sided with attachment loop, 4 or 7 bicycle places per module
- one-sided with integrated attachment eye, 4 or 7 bicycle places per module
Attachment loop designs conform to FietsParKeur standards for unsupervised locations. FietsParKeur provide a standard level of quality assurance for bicycle parking facilities, developed in association with the Cyclists' Association.
Because the Apropos is a handlebar carrying system, bicycles can be parked in it regardless of their tyre width and frame height. This means that the Apropos is suitable for almost every type of bicycle, including city bikes, hybrid bikes and racing bikes.
The Apropos provides two different possibilities for attaching bicycles:
- The Apropos with attachment loop next to the suspension bar: the attachment loop is big enough for cable, chain and brace locks. The thickness of the attachment loop makes it very difficult to saw through, thus preventing theft.
- The Apropos with integrated attachment eye on the suspension bar. The integrated attachment eye is large enough for cable and chain locks.
MATERIALS AND TREATMENT
Steel, galvanized and coated, if required.
The suspension bars have a protective plastic covering.
Available in practically all RAL colours.